Grilled chicken salad bursting with flavors, vibrant fresh vegetables and dressed in a delicious fruity creamy dressing. A nutritious and delicious option for lunch or dinner.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is one of those classic recipes that never gets old.
- You can pretty much use any grilled chicken recipe you like.
- No more boring dry chicken breasts.
- A hearty salad that is healthy and packed with nutrients.
This is a fresh and colorful salad for those days when you need something light yet satisfying and delicious for dinner.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in the food processor and pulse until smooth. Add the chicken and let it set for 20-30 minutes. Then grill or bake in the oven.
- Mix the dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy.
💡 Amira's Tips
- Kiwi is a great meat tenderizer, it does not make your chicken sweet so do not be afraid to use it.
- I prefer to marinate the chicken until I heat up the oven or the grill. I've found that marinating the chicken in kiwi for more than 30 minutes makes the chicken a bit mushy. Some people say at least one hour so this is up to you.
- The kiwi dressing will give your salad a hint of fruity sweetness, not too much I promise. But if you are in doubt, let everyone pour dressing on their plates according to their liking.
- You can arrange the veggies on a plate with the chicken in a decorative way and pour the dressing over.
- If you feel it is too thick you might want to add few drops of lime juice or even a little bit of water.
- Black bean and chickpea salad is a delicious and nutritious dish that is perfect for a light lunch or as a side dish to a main meal.
- Loaded with fresh herbs and vegetables this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is dressed in a delicious lemon vinaigrette for a hearty lunch or side dish.
- Tabouli is a vibrant, refreshing salad loaded with fresh parsley. Salty and tangy this salad is a favorite on any Middle Eastern dinner table. Check out my tips for an authentic Lebanese tabouli.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises!
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
Healthy Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
For the marinade:
- ½ Green Kiwi , peeled and mashed with a fork.
- 1 garlic clove , crushed.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Salt to taste
For the salad dressing:
- ½ Green Kiwi , peeled and diced.
- 1 garlic clove , crushed.
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream or yogurt
- ¼ cup cilantro , chopped.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini
- juice of one lime
- 1 Tablespoon pomegranate molasses.
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh, thawed from frozen or canned
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved or quartered
- 5 cups chopped lettuce.
- ⅓ cup black olives.
- 1 cup cucumber , diced.
- In a large bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients well.
- Add chicken cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill ( outdoor or indoor) to medium high heat.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the dressing by pulsing everything together well in the food processor.
- In a large bowl combine salad vegetables with about half the dressing.
- Slice chicken and place on top of the vegetables and serve with the rest of the dressing on the side.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
First published Jul 2, 2017. Last updated June 7, 2023 with important tips, clear step by step instructions and readability.