Fresh berries take center stage in this decadent and creamy fruit salad recipe. An easy to make, creamy deliciousness made with only a handful of ingredients and 5 minutes of time.
Next time try this mango fruit salad with a delicious honey dressing.
A simple syrup, sour cream and table cream is mixed together to create a luscious cream. Berries are folded into this creamy base and top with fresh sliced fruit. It's a fun dessert for adults and kids.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- A no bake dessert
- Use fresh seasonal berries
- A creamy fresh fruit dessert
- Kids love this sweet treat
Creamy fruit salad is a fun, easy, no bake dessert that comes together quickly. This is the kind of fresh fruit salad that screams summer, although delightful any time of the year. Light airy topping smothers tender and juicy fruit.
- Crema Table Cream: Canned cream, you can use brands such as Nestle. This is a thick cream like pudding that adds richness to both sweet and savory dishes.
- Sour Cream: A cool creamy favorite.
- Simple syrup: A mix of equal parts of sugar and water, for sweetness.
- Fruit/berries: Use your favorite berries more or less depending on what you like.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, table cream and simple syrup very well together.
- Mix in your fruits, leaving some for garnish. Chill in the fridge for an hour. Scoop into serving bowls and decorate with fresh fruits on top.
💡 Expert Tips
- You can flavor the simple syrup however you'd like. Some suggestions are vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, rose water ...etc
- Add your favorite kind(s) of fruits.
- Start by adding a half a cup of simple syrup and taste the cream mixture to adjust sweetness.
⌛ Make Ahead
- Fruits can be cut up ahead of time, covered tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight.
- A variety of fruits can be used in place of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, give a try to blackberries, grapes, mandarin oranges, kiwi, or pineapple chunks.
- Sliced up apples, pears or bananas taste great together as well. Dip them in lemon juice first to make sure they don't turn brown.
- Add shredded coconut or mini marshmallows!
- Creamy fruit salad should be wrapped in an air tight container and stored in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.
Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries are favorites, but you could also use mandarin oranges, pineapple chunks and sliced kiwi. Maraschino cherries are fun to use as well!
When choosing fruits choose fruits that will hold up like strawberries, blueberries. After washing fruit, be sure to pat dry with paper towels or let it air dry before mixing with the cream. Also, when storing in your refrigerator, cover tightly.
It is recommended to use fresh fruit in this recipe, however if it is not readily available, you could make this creamy fruit salad with canned fruit or frozen (thawed fully) fruit. For canned fruit, drain the liquid out before adding and for frozen fruit, let it completely thaw and drain before adding it to the cream. If it is not drained properly, it could change the color of the cream.
📣 Related Fruit Recipes
- Try this beautiful and delicious fruit trifle with layers of vanilla custard, fresh whipped cream, fruit, and soft angel food cake.
- This candy fruit recipe is called Tanghulu and it is one of the most popular Chinese snacks.
- Topping any fruit salad with this creamy marshmallow frosting is a kid's dream come true. Try it with cupcakes too so delicious.
I hope you'll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Creamy Fruit Salad
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Make the simple syrup:
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat add the sugar, water and the vanilla.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down completely
Make the cream dressing:
- In a deep bowl, mix the sour cream, table cream and 1/2 cup of the simple syrup well together. Taste to adjust sweetness.
- Mix in your fruits, leaving some for final decoration of the serving bowls.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Scoop in serving bowls and decorate with fresh fruits on top.
- You can use a can of table cream any brand like Nestle, found at your local supermarket.
- You can flavor the syrup with vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, rose water or any flavor you like.
- Start by 0.5 cup of simple syrup then taste the cream sauce, add more if needed.
- Add your favorite kinds of fruits and adjust according to your liking.
- If you do not have sour cream you can also use Greek yogurt instead.
- You can top with some crushed crackers or nuts for a crunch.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
First published Sep 6, 2016 . Last updated August 19, 2022 with important tips, clear step by step instructions and readability.