An Alcohol-Free Party?! Yes, It’s Possible. Enjoy all the refreshing flavors with this mint mojito mocktail.
How about trying this healthy, 2 ingredients shake for the health fanatic in your party.
A simple and easy mojito, a festive mocktails for every holiday party on your calendar. A kid friendly party mocktail that everyone will enjoy. This mojito recipe is not only simple but also versatile and can be made into skinny mojito mocktail as well.
The idea behind discovering this amazing drink came from one of my friends. This girl made me rediscover the famous Egyptian mint lemonade during our gatherings last month. You see, I used to hate this drink as they made it in the office cafeteria back in Egypt. It was so bitter and I almost choked every time I try it!! A disaster by all means for me while everyone in the office enjoyed it to the fullest😟.
When my dear friend came the first time with this huge pitcher of mint lemonade, I said no thank you… I regretted this later. When we came back home, my hubby and my father in law did not stop talking about how awesome was this drink! So next time, I’ve learned my lesson and took a little sip at first.. OH MY.. I was hooked.
Totally different than the one we used to have in the office, so refreshing and sweet. I took the recipe and I promise I am going to introduce you to this awesome very famous coffee shop Egyptian drink.
But first, let me introduce you to this mojito mocktail which has been a deliciously regular treat in my life lately.
While doing my research for the mint lemonade drink, I came across the mojito. I knew mojito is cocktail and we do not consume alcohol as many of you already know. But to my surprise, I’ve found that it can be easily and without jeopardizing the taste, be turned into mocktail!! How cool is that 😎. I will learn more about this issue of turning cocktails into mocktails, so expect more of that to come your way.
Mint Mojito Mocktail Recipe
- First, we’ll need to make a minty simple syrup, so simple and straightforward. Just add sugar, water a squeeze of lemon and some mint leaves, bring to a boil then simmer for like 15 minutes. Set aside to cool down. This simple syrup is enough to make a whole gallon of mojito. For a skinny mojito, skip this step.
- Get tall glasses, add limes wedges to the bottom along with mint leaves. I use a whole lime for each glass. I slice half or cut into 4 wedges, throw 3 in the cup, keeping one for garnishing.
- Now, with a meddler or the back of a spoon or really anything you have, bruise the lime and mint to release their oils, juices and flavors.
- Squeeze the other half of the lime over, add simple syrup according to your taste if using. Fill the glass to the top with ice cubes.
- Pour about 4 oz of club soda over and stir with a straw.
This is so refreshing just by looking at it.
Here are some ways to flavor it even more:
- Smash some raspberries in the cup as well to make a raspberry-mojito.
- Use fresh grapefruit juice for a pink grapefruit-mojito.
- Fresh pureed watermelon chunks to make watermelon-mojito.
- Basil, blueberry, pomegranate , strawberries and rhubarb….
- You can use any lemon carbonated soda for extra lemon flavor such as 7Up and sprite.
- For a skinny zero calorie mojito, use a zero calorie carbonated soda like zevia and omit the syrup.
Get even more creative and come up with your own flavor combinations for your guests. It is super fun, easy and budget friendly recipe to add to your party.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira’s Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
Mint Mojito Mocktail
- 1 lime cut in two halves.
- 1 cup ice.
- 1 Tablespoon mint simple syrup.
- 4 oz club soda.*
For the mint simple syrup:**
- 1 cup water.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves about 12-15 one.
- 1 teaspoon lime juice.
Make the syrup:
- In a small sauce pan combine ingredients of syrup, stir sugar to dissolve then bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Prepare the Mojitos:
- Slice one half of lime into 4 wedges or slices.
- In a tall cup, combine 3 of the slices, mint leaves and crush them with a muddler or the back of a spoon. You can simple tear up the mint leaves to release the oils and mash the lime slices with the back of a spoon.
- Add the juice from the other half lime, then the syrup if using.
- Add the ice cubes and then pour the soda and stir with a straw.