Moist pumpkin cake, covered in luscious cream cheese frosting and decorated for fall perfection. One of the easy bundt cake recipes for beginner level bakers.
Next time, try this Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt.
Pumpkin is not that popular in Egypt, instead we have butternut squash and always make the famous this Pumpkin Casserole when in season. Since we landed here, I use pumpkin and butternut squash interchangeably.
❓Why This Recipe Works
- Super easy to make with no special skills required.
- Delicious on its own as a pumpkin bundt cake or covered with cream cheese frosting.
- Fills your house with cozy autumn spices.
Fluffy, moist and absolutely delicious pumpkin cake. I really wanted to call this " the best, easy, moist, fluffy and delicious pumpkin cake" but thought it would be too much!. This cake is really lovely, crowning it with some dreamy cream cheese frosting makes it heavenly delicious.
I've decorated this cake with some simple flowers with the fall colors. You do not have to this is optional. But I gotta tell you it was a show stopper and we had so much fun me and the kids, playing with colors and different decorating tips. We ended up with a big messy kitchen table, but I managed to save those three little roses out of the way :).
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- First, combine flour and all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add oil and sugar and mix very well until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Beat in about 1 cup of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Add in about half cup of pumpkin puree and mix. Keep alternating flour and pumpkin, mixing in between each addition until you are done with the whole thing.
- Pour batter into your bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until it is done. Cool completely on a cooling wire rack.
- Make the cream cheese frosting by beating the ingredients of the frosting in a medium bowl with an electric mixer then spoon it over the cooled cake.
💡 Expert Tips
- You can use homemade pumpkin puree instead of store bought. Save those seeds and make roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Make sure to buy pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
Cover leftovers with plastic wrap and place in an air tight container in your fridge for up to a week.
Most freshly baked homemade cakes will last for about 1 week in the fridge with proper storing conditions. This means you need to cover it or put in an air tight container to prevent drying.
Absolutely, you can. Place frosted cake on a parchment paper in a try and freeze until frosting is firm, 1-2 hours. Then place the frozen cake on a resealable plastic bag and freeze up to 3 months.
📣 Related Recipes
- A scrumptious pumpkin pecan cake with a moist crumb and a buttery glaze is going to fly off the dessert table.
- Best fluffy marshmallow frosting recipe, easy to make with a handful of ingredients. This is the perfect frosting for cakes and cupcakes.
More Bundt Cakes
- Red velvet bundt cake is an incredibly easy cake, a classic with a signature tangy flavor and deep red color. This decadent delight has been a family and friends favorite for years.
- This rich and decadent chocolate pumpkin cake is so chocolaty on the outside with a surprise silky pumpkin center.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises!
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
Pumpkin bundt cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin. Equals to 1 ¾ cup
Cream Cheese frosting:
- 4 ounce Cream Cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter. softened.
- 1 to 1 ½ cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Milk *
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 10-inch bundt pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine sugar and oil until creamy and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Gradually mix in the flour and alternate with pumpkin puree, beating well after each addition.
- Pour cake batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan before getting it out to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Make the the cream cheese frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth with your hand mixer.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Add vanilla and milk. Beat until smooth.
- Spoon frosting over cake.
- Decorate with buttercream flowers or any other decorations, if desired.
- You can use up to 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon and cloves .
- We need the frosting to be a little thin, not runny but thin so we can spread it easily over the cake. You can start with 2 Tablespoons of milk and add more until you reach the desired consistency.
- You can skip the cream cheese frosting and just dust your cake with some confectioner's sugar.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
First published September 14, 2018 . Last updated August 29, 2022 with minor updates and grammar corrections plus more tips and info..