Moist pumpkin cake, covered in luscious cream cheese frosting and decorated for fall perfection. One of the easy bundt cake recipes for beginner level bakers.
For a more exquisite experience, try this Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt.
Fluffy, moist and absolutely delicious pumpkin cake. I really wanted to call this ” the best, easy, moist, fluffy and delicious pumpkin cake” but thought it would be too much!. This cake is really lovely, crowning it with some dreamy cream cheese frosting makes it heavenly delicious.
Pumpkin is not that popular in Egypt, instead we have butternut squash and always make the famous Pumpkin Bechamel pie when in season. Since we landed here, I use pumpkin and butternut squash interchangeably. But since I was not brought up too pumpkins, I kind of prefer the squash more.
If you are not that much into pumpkins, you’ll be after you try this cake. It is that good, trust me.
I’ve decorated this cake with some simple flowers with the fall colors. You do not have to if you do not have the tools or the time. But I gotta tell you it was a show stopper and we had so much fun me and the kids, playing with colors and different decorating tips. We ended up with a big messy kitchen table, but I managed to save those three little roses out of the way :).
My kids are more into cakes and cupcakes than the authentic middle eastern desserts except for my famous basbousa. They are more Americanized than Middle-Easternized, that’s probably why they get that much excited over buttercream frosting and cream cheese frosting that simple syrup!
How long will pumpkin cake last?
Most freshly baked homemade cakes will last for about 1 week in the fridge with proper storing conditions. This means you need to cover it or put in an air tight container to prevent drying.
Can I freeze pumpkin cake?
Absolutely, you can. Place frosted cake on a parchment paper in a try and freeze until frosting is firm, 1-2 hours. Then place the frozen cake on a resealable plastic bag and freeze up to 3 months.
How to make pumpkin bundt cake?
- First, We’ll mix all the dry ingredients together in a deep bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add oil and sugar and mix very well until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Beat in about 1 cup of the flour mixture.
- Add in about half cup of pumpkin puree and mix.
- Keep alternating flour and pumpkin, mixing in between each addition until you are done with the whole thing.
- Pour into your bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until it is done.
- Cool cake completely before frosting.
- Make the cream cheese frosting by combining the ingredients of the frosting then spoon it over the cooled cake
This cake is not only delicious, but it also fills your kitchen with the sweet aroma of different fall spices. I highly encourage you to make it. You’ll LOVE it! Even if you’re not a Pumpkiniac. Take my word on that one.
I hope you’ll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira’s Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
Pumpkin bundt cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin. Equals to 1 3/4 cup
Cream Cheese frosting:
- 4 ounce Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter. softened.
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Milk *
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 10-inch bundt pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine sugar and oil until creamy and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Gradually mix in the flour and alternate with pumpkin puree, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to your bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan before getting it out then cool cake completely.
Make the the cream cheese frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth with your hand mixer.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Add vanilla and milk. Beat until smooth.
- Spoon frosting over cake.
- Decorate with buttercream flowers or any other decorations, if desired.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
You may also enjoy