This Air Fryer Frozen Asparagus recipe is a great way to add flavor and nutrition to your dinners. You only need a few simple ingredients a little bit of time and you will have a delicious side dish that even the picky eaters will enjoy.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- By using an air fryer to cook the frozen asparagus, you can lock in the flavor and keep it tender and juicy. You do not need to let asparagus thaw.
- The best part is that this meal is also very healthy, with fewer calories than fried asparagus, but it still has a great texture.
- You can easily customize the seasonings that you use to suit your family's tastebuds.
The next time you need a simple side dish that comes together in just a few minutes and with minimal ingredients then this is the recipe you will want to come back to. You can have a healthy side dish that you can feel good about feeding your family in no time at all.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Place Asparagus in a zip-lock bag or a flat plate. And, then pour butter over and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Close the bag and shake well or mix well on the plate to coat the asparagus with butter.
- Place asparagus in an even layer in the air fryer basket and air fry at 400F for anywhere from 6-10 minutes.
- Serve seasoned with red chili peppers, Parmesan cheese or a squeeze of lemon.
👍 Amira's Tips
- When air frying the asparagus make sure that you place it in a single layer so that it will cook evenly.
- Overcrowding your plate or air fryer basket can result in soggy asparagus so if you will be doubling this recipe or you have a small air fryer you will need to cook in batches.
- Different brands of air fryers cook at different rates so make sure to watch the asparagus closely.
- Thin asparagus will cook quicker than thick spears so reduce your cooking time by a couple of minutes if your asparagus is thin.
Store leftover asparagus in an airtight container or storage bag in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
⌛ Make Ahead
If you are using fresh asparagus you can prep them ahead so that they are ready to air fry, If you are using frozen it's best to make it when you are ready to cook it.
🍽️ Serve With
- You can use fresh asparagus just make sure to cut the woody bottom part first and decrease cooking time by a couple of minutes.
- Use olive oil or avocado oil instead of butter.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for a bright flavor and a nice zing.
- Use any seasoning blend you love for a new flavor each time, garlic powder and parmesan cheese are always a favorite for us.
- You can also cook bacon chucks with the asparagus if you want a touch of a smoky flavor.
You can tell that asparagus is done cooking when each piece with easily pierced with a fork.
I like to reheat the asparagus in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes or until warm all the way through.
📣 Related Recipes
- Frozen Sweet Potatoe Fries in the air fryer is another one of my favorite side dishes to make when I need something quick and in a hurry and don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
- If you are a fan of onion rings but want to make them a little healthier try to make your Frozen Onion Rings the air fryer instead of deep frying them. They turn out just as crispy as the deep-fried version.
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread is my favorite side dish to make. It's crispy on the outside and soft in the middle and it pairs well with most meals.
- This Brussel Sprouts Appetizer is the perfect crispy bite to your meal. Easy and delicious with just a handful of ingredients.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises!
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Air fryer
- plate or storage bag
Air Fryer Frozen Asparagus
- 1 bag 8oz frozen asparagus
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- A dash of freshly ground black pepper.
- Red chili flakes or parmesan cheese for serving.
- Place Asparagus in a zip-lock bag or a flat plate.
- Pour butter over and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Close bag and shake well or mix well in the plate to coat asparagus with butter.
- Place asparagus in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry on 400F anywhere from 6-10 minutes.
- Serve seasoned with red chili peppers or parmesan cheese.
- Make sure to air fry asparagus in a single layer.
- Air fryers are different so make sure to check the asparagus starting at 6 minutes until it reaches your perfect level of doneness. Mine was done at 8 minutes.
- You can tell asparagus are done when you can easily poke it with a fork.
- You can use fresh asparagus just make sure to cut the woody bottom part first and decrease cooking time accordingly.
- Thin asparagus will cook quicker than thick spears.
- Use olive oil instead of butter.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Use any seasoning blend you love for a new flavor each time.
- You can cook asparagus with bacon chunks.
Refrigerate leftover air fried asparagus in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
Reheat in the air fryer for a couple of minutes on 350F.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.