These Baked Beans with Ground Beef are a savory and hearty family favorite. The ground beef adds texture to the beans and makes them extra filling. This easy recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners and can be served as a main course or side dish.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- These Baked Beans with Beef are great to make ahead and reheat for an easy weeknight meal.
- The ground beef adds flavor and texture to the beans, making it a more complete dish.
- This dish is always a crowd-pleaser for potlucks and parties.
When you add ground beef to a pot of baked beans, you get a savory and comforting meal that is sure to please everyone. So, the next time you are asked to bring a dish to a potluck whip up a batch of these flavorful protein-laden beans.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add oil and sauté onion for 3 minutes or until translucent. Add ground beef breaking it apart and brown until no longer pink.
- Add diced pepper and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add beans and all other ingredients, mix well, and taste to adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 baking dish, cover, and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly and thick. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
👍 Amira's Tips
- Serve these Baked Beans with Ground Beef as a main dish with some cornbread or biscuits on the side.
- Drain the excess grease from the ground beef before you add the beans to the skillet.
- Make sure that you grease your baking dish well with nonstick cooking spray to prevent your casserole from sticking. This makes cleanup a breeze.
- Feel free to use your favorite brand of baked beans. We like to use vegetarian but you can use any type that your family enjoys.
- I like making these baked beans the day before serving them, they're even better the next day.
- Store leftover baked beans in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you are storing them in the casserole dish be sure to cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
⌛ Make Ahead
If you want to assemble these beans ahead cook the ground beef and vegetables and mix in the beans and other ingredients. Place them in the casserole and cover it and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Then bake in the preheated oven when you are ready to eat.
🍽️ Serve With
You can serve this dish as a main course with a side of rice like this Instant Pot Basmati Rice. Or you can serve it as a side dish alongside your favorite proteins such as these Mushroom Swiss Burgers.
- You can also add some cooked turkey bacon to this recipe for a smoky flavor.
- If you like your Baked Beans spicy, you can also add some jalapeno peppers to the skillet when cooking the onion.
- Or for an extra kick, add a bit of hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
If your beans are too thin, you can thicken them by cooking the mixture uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes. The extra time in the oven allows some of the liquid to evaporate and thickens the sauce.
Yes, you can freeze baked beans with beef. Let the cooked casserole cool down completely before transferring it to an airtight container or freezer safe bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
The best way to reheat baked beans is in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and transfer the cooked beans to a baking dish. Cover the dish and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until heated through. You can also reheat them in the microwave using 30-second intervals, stirring often between each interval.
📣 Related Recipes
- If you are a fan of beans then next time you may want to give this Mediterranean Green Beans recipe a try. They are super simple to make and full of flavor.
- If you prefer a delicious bean salad as a side dish then you may also enjoy this White Bean Salad recipe.
- This Black Bean and Chickpea Salad is another great option if you are looking for a light and fresh dish to serve.
🥘 Delicious Ground Beef Recipes
- Warm comfort food at its best. Ground beef Doritos Casserole is a super delicious, savory mix of seasoned ground beef, cheese and Doritos. A kid friendly meal for busy parents.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises!
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 9x13 casserole dish
- large skillet
Baked Beans with Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 cans (15-16 ounce each) beans drained , I used vegetarian baked beans
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup sweet bbq sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add oil and sauté onion for 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add ground beef breaking it apart and brown until no longer pink.
- Add diced pepper and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add beans and all other ingredients, mix well and taste to adjust seasoning.
- Transfer mixture to a 9x13 baking dish, cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes or until mixture bubbly and thick.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes to thicken up before serving.
- You can use pretty much any beans you like.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.