The easiest baked boneless skinless chicken thighs! These garlic chicken is a quick and easy chicken dinner for those busy nights. It is my go to chicken recipe when I am pressed in time.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- Tender and juicy chicken thighs with just the basic spice mix.
- Multiple ways to serve it. Make a chicken wrap or serve with pasta, rice or any grains of your choice and dinner is ready.
- Boneless chicken thighs are less expensive than chicken breast and so delicious and flavorful.
This recipe goes on my monthly menu plan at least twice, if not more. It is a healthy garlic chicken recipe that can be a carrier to even more flavors by adding different spices. I've made it many times before with just salt and black pepper and it was absolutely delicious.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Olive oil
- Lime Juice
- Spices: paprika, cardamom, black pepper and salt
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- In a deep bowl, add paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, cardamom and lime juice and mix well.
- Take your chicken thighs and make some slits like shown above.
- Season both sides of the chicken with the spices and arrange in an oven safe dish or baking sheet.
- Bake as directed below, slice and serve.
👍 Amira's Tips
- Scoring the chicken allows the spices to get into the meat providing a more flavorful chicken thighs in less time.
- Cooking chicken thighs on 400F ensures that they are fully cooked yet stays moist and tender.
Store leftover in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
⌛ Make Ahead
After marinating the chicken refrigerate for up to 2 days. For longer storage freeze for up to 8-9 months.
🍽️ Serve With
- Serve these chicken sliced in a wrap with your favorite condiments. I like slathering my wrap with hummus ( here is how to make hummus), with sliced of avocado, lettuce, pickles, really anything you like can go in.
- Serve them over a bowl of rice or pasta.
- Serve with a side of Mediterranean roasted vegetables.
Although I like this recipe best with chicken thighs, you can use chicken breast but be careful not to overcook them because they can dry out.
It usually takes between 30-40 minutes depending on the thickness of the thighs. To be sure use a meat thermometer and make sure that the chicken reach 165F at the thickest part.
📣 Related Recipes
- Fire up your grill and prepare for tender and juicy perfection with this mouthwatering grilled chicken tenders recipe that will satisfy your cravings.
- Make this slow cooker BBQ pulled chicken recipe with pantry ingredients. Toss it together in less than 5 minutes - perfect for those busy days!
- Chicken Mandi is a traditional Yemeni dish made of tender, slow-cooked chicken is spiced with a blend of aromatic spices and served on a bed of fragrant rice and is often accompanied by a side of Zhoug.
- This delicious kabob recipe is easy to prepare and tastes better than high quality restaurant. Beef steak marinated in a mixture of herbs and warm spices before being grilled on skewers. I've included oven instructions too.
- Low Carb Chicken Parmesan is so delicious and easy to make! Made with chicken, marinara, basil, and two kinds of cheese.
More Chicken Thighs Recipes
- Try this mouthwatering Copycat Halal Chicken and Rice for your next easy weeknight chicken meal.
I hope you'll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
For the chicken:
- 3 large garlic cloves minced.
- ½ teaspoon paprika.
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper.
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom. *
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt or to taste.
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice.
- 3 Tablespoon oil.
- 3 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
For serving, any or all of the following:
- Flat bread Lebanese bread or tortillas, warmed
- Finely sliced iceberg lettuce.
- Avocado diced.
- Pickled jalapeno.
- Chilli sauce.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients , except for the chicken, well together.
- Clean chicken thighs, trim the fat and make slits diagonally or in perpendicular and crossed lines, like the pictures shown above.
- Mix chicken with marinade, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.**
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put chicken in a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes until chicken is done and all the liquids evaporate.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve in a sandwich or a plate.
Serve in a sandwiches:
- Spread a dollop of hummus on one of the bread, top with shredded lettuce, chicken slices, avocado cubes and pickles. Roll up tightly and wrap in a foil.
- Serve on a plate:
- In a plate, place chicken slices alongside hummus, lettuce, avocado, bread or rice.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
First published January 28, 2015 . Last updated June 13, 2023 with important tips, clear step by step instructions and readability.