An easy and quick to prepare BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches recipe for your next party, throw everything in the slow cooker and let it do its magic. You’ll end up with very tender shredded chicken that everyone will love.
I’ve heard a lot about barbecue pulled pork and how tender it is, so I thought why not make it with our favorite white meat- which is chicken of course.
To my surprise I was not the first one thinking of this 😄 😄, after googling it I found many recipes most of them are so easy to make but has brown sugar.
I was really surprised why people add more sugar to this recipe, I mean the barbecue sauce seems to have enough sugar already, so I felt that it would be too sweet for us to add extra sugar specially when we are trying our best to cut back on sugars.
Some people add onions and others don’t, some people add diced bell pepper as well, so I’ve decided to start with my bbq chicken recipe as a base for this recipe and go from there.
You’ll need a handful of ingredients that are mostly sitting there in your pantry or fridge, put them together in the slow cooker – no marination is required this time- set it and forget it.
I’m beginning to fall in love with my slow cooker – very late I know. I do not know why I had this love-hate relationship with it, I felt it makes every dish soggy and watery , so I hated the texture of the food coming out of it unless it should contain some liquids.
But I guess that was in the past now as I am starting to know what works for us more.
I’ve served this chicken to my little family and my in laws as they are staying with us these days, and let me tell you all of them loved it my little ones and my father and mother in law as it was easy to chew on for both of these age categories 😊 😊.
I hope you’ll like this easy and quick chicken recipe may be try it this weekend. Enjoy your labor day party.
BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce.*
- 2 large garlic cloves minced.
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce.
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce.
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil.
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke.
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose seasonings.**
- 3 lbs chicken breasts cleaned and fat trimmed.
- Add all the ingredients together in your slow cooker and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces and cover well with the sauce.
- Set your slow cooker for high and cook for 3-4 hours until chicken literally fall apart.
- Take the chicken out and shred with two forks.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and mix well with the sauce.
- Leave it there to soak the sauce for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Serve hot with your favorite bun with pickles and green salad.
** I’ve used chicken seasonings that I bought from Costco.