This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese is creamy, cheesy, and spicy all at the same time! The combination of buffalo sauce and cheddar cheese makes this dish irresistible - trust me, your family will love it. Serve with your favorite side dishes like roasted vegetables or a classic green salad for the perfect busy weeknight meal.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's easy to make and without a lot of prep work so you don't have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
- The flavors of the buffalo sauce and cheddar cheese come together perfectly for a delicious dinner.
- You can control the heat level by adding or reducing the amount of hot sauce you use.
One of my favorite things about making a slow cooker recipe like this one is that you can dump the ingredients in, and let the slow cooker do all the work while you enjoy time with your family for the rest of the day.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Cook pasta al dente, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- Add shredded chicken, dry ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, milk, flour slurry, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours
- Add pasta and mix well to coat and leave it on the warm setting for 20-30 minutes.
💡 Amira's Tips
- It's important to not overcook your pasta so that it doesn't turn mushy in the crockpot.
- I like to cook the pasta once the time for the slow cooker is almost up so I don't have to worry about it becoming sticky in the fridge. If you make it at the start, make sure to store it in the fridge until the chicken mixture is ready.
- For easy cleanup, I recommend spraying your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or using a slow cooker liner instead.
- Since the chicken is already cooked you don't have to worry about checking the temperature on it. Just make sure that it's heated all the way through and that all the cheese is melted.
- You can make this creamy chicken pasta recipe in a 4-quart or a 6-quart slow cooker.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for ️up to three days.
⌛ Make Ahead
If you want to make this crockpot buffalo chicken mac & cheese ahead, you can assemble all the ingredients, without the pasta into the liner of your slow cooker, and cover it with the lid. Then, move the crock to the outside of the slow cooker and cook like directed above.
🍽️ Serve With
If you ask me you can't have any type of pasta without a bread side dish. And, there is no better bread side than Air Fryer Garlic Bread. It's crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and slattered in delicious garlic butter. You can also pair this comfort food meal with a simple healthy side dish like this Keto Greek Salad recipe.
- If you like your mac and cheese spicier, use some hot sauce or add some cayenne pepper.
- You can also mix in additional ingredients like bacon bits, crumbled blue diced jalapenos, or diced bell peppers for a more flavorful dish.
- You can also add different types of cheese such as Monterrey Jack and even Mozzarella for a more cheesy flavor.
- I prefer to use elbow noodles for this recipe, but you can use any shape of pasta that you have on hand. A round noodle like penne or rotini would also work for this recipe.
I don't recommend freezing it because of the dairy in the cheese sauce, it may separate when thawed.
You can reheat in the microwave on 50% power for 2-3 minutes or on the stovetop over medium heat until warm all the way through. If you find that your sauce is a little dry add a splash or milk or heavy cream to thin it out.
No, buffalo sauce is made with hot sauce, butter, and seasonings. So, hot sauce is in buffalo sauce but they are not the same.
📣 Related Recipes
- These Buffalo Chicken Sliders are so simple to make and they make the best family-friendly meal when you want something hearty and flavorful.
- If you love buffalo chicken but you want a lighter meal, then check out this Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash recipe. It's even low-carb diet friendly.
- These Cripsy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are a simple recipe that takes this simple vegetable to the next level. And, you can serve it as a meal or as a side dish.
Creamy Pasta Recipes
- You'll love this Panera chicken tortellini Alfredo dinner. Quick and easy and even better Panera's one!
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta is a simple all-one meal that takes less than an hour to make, so it's perfect for busy days.
- Cream Cheese Pasta is a another creamy pasta dish that is rich yet so simple to make. You only need 15 minutes and a handful of pantry ingredients.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises!
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- 1 pound cooked shredded chicken
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing
- ½ cup buffalo sauce more fir extra heat lovers
- 2 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 ¼ cup yellow cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces elbow pasta
- Cook pasta al dente, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine butter and flour to make a slurry.
- Add shredded chicken, dry ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, milk, flour slurry, cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours
- Add pasta and mix well to coat and leave it on warm setting for 20-30 minutes.
- Taste to check if you need more hot sauce then serve.
- You can use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, or frozen cooked chicken. Make sure to shred using two forks first.
- It is better to shred your cheese and not buy the pre shredded cheese as these will not melt well and will give a gritty sauce.
- Use your favorite buffalo sauce, ours is Frank’s buffalo wings sauce.
- Dry blue cheese dressing works well for this recipe instead of the ranch if you prefer to.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave or stove top with a splash of liquid.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.