Pizza Burger Recipe is a simple weeknight dinner for your family! A great old school lunch favorite with a twist that everyone will appreciate.
Saucy ground meat, pepperoni slices, loads of melted cheese all sandwiched between your favorite buns, how can anybody resist? I've made this a couple of times already and they were devoured every time.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- Easy family favorite weeknight dinner.
- Great for parties and very versatile as well.
- Kid friendly recipe.
- Using seasoned ground beef from your freezer saves time.
Excellent birthday party food for kids or for a weeknight dinner. Loved by children everywhere. Play with the recipe and use hot dogs, bologna or luncheon meat for a new taste each time. A wonderful, quick and easy meal.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
- Ground beef
- Olive oil
- Pizza sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Soy sauce
- Dry onion soup mix
- Sliced cheese
- Pepperoni, I used turkey pepperoni
- Burger buns
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onion and garlic. Brown minced garlic breaking it apart.
- Add pizza sauce and all the seasonings. Stir to combine well. Cook until the mixture is bubbly and thoroughly cooked.
- Assemble your sandwich: pile meat mixture on the bottom part of a bun, top with pepperoni slices then a slice of cheese and cover with the other half of the bun.
- Wrap in foil and pop in a 350F oven for 3-4 minutes until cheese melts.
💡 Notes and Variations
- You can use ground chicken or turkey instead if you are avoiding red meat.
- You can use store-bought burgers and break them apart and cook in the sauce and proceed with the recipes as is.
- Also, you might want to cook the burgers as is then add pizza sauce and a slice of cheese on top.
- This is a very flexible, forgiving recipe. So try to play with it each time you'll be amazed.
Refrigerate leftover sandwiches tightly wrapped for up to 3-4 days.
Pizza burgers were among school cafeteria favorites. Hamburger meat cooked in a mixture that includes tomato sauce/paste topped with shredded cheese and then toasted. Very tasty and easy for kids of all ages.
📣 Related Recipes
- These buffalo chicken sliders with cream cheese are so good, they can be served at dinner, parties or for game day.
- Make this slow cooker BBQ pulled chicken recipe with pantry ingredients. Toss it together in less than 5 minutes - perfect for those busy days!
- This crockpot BBQ meatball recipe is an easy and delicious way to entertain. Simply mix together store bought- or homemade- meatballs with your favorite BBQ sauce and grape jelly. Just 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time.
- Classic Reuben sandwich with leftover corned beef is a hearty sandwich for quick lunch or dinner. Takes only 5-10 minutes with minimal effort.
- Italian Sausage Patties are great for breakfast, lunch or make delicious burger sandwiches for a quick and easy dinner. Italian sausage mixed with fresh herbs and vegetable for a tasty budget friendly recipe.
More Ground Beef Recipes
- This moist meatloaf with bread crumbs is tender, old fashioned with a delicious glaze. Sticky sweet and super delicious! You can eat the whole thing in one sitting – I won't tell.
- Seasoned ground beef is a flavorful mixture of ground beef, tomato paste and warm spices. Great to give richness to any casserole or dish you have with a room for plenty of more flavors to suite your recipes.
- Baked ziti with meat is a delicious and satisfying comfort food that is easy to make at home. This dish can be made ahead of time and reheated for an easy weeknight dinner option.
- Mushroom Swiss Burger is one of the most delectable and satisfying burgers that you will even have. Juicy patties topped with creamy Swiss cheese and earthy sauteed mushroom mix, a mouthwatering classic that we can never have enough of.
- If you're craving a change of pace in your dinners, why not try out this big juicy burger recipe? Delicious custom made burgers with all your favorite toppings.
- Spice up your dinner tonight with this Garlicky, savory Sujuk Sandwich. Ground meat mixed with aromatic spices, onion and garlic then stuffed into sandwiches, this easy recipe will sure deliver a rich and satisfying meal.
I hope you'll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
For the meat mixture:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced.
- 1 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 ½ pound lean ground beef.
- 1 (14 oz) jar pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (1oz) envelope dry onion soup mix
For the sandwiches:
- 6 slices Mozzarella cheese or any cheese of choice
- 6 hamburger buns
- 24-30 pepperoni slices
Make the meat mixture:
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauce for another 30 seconds.
- Add ground beef breaking it apart and stir until it is browned. Drain excess fat if needed.
- Add remaining meat mixture ingredients, and mix everything well.
- Keep cooking for another 3-4 minutes.
Assemble the sandwiches:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pile meat mixture on bottom of a bun, top with pepperoni slices then a slice of mozzarella cheese then top with the other half of the bun.
- Wrap in foil and pop in the oven for 5 minutes to allow cheese to melt.
- For notes and variations please refer to the post above.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
First published Feb 15, 2019 . Last updated January 26, 2023 with important tips, clear step by step instructions and readability.