Bruschetta chicken is tender, flavorful chicken with melted mozzarella and topped with chopped fresh tomatoes, garlic, oregano, fresh basil, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. A delicious, easy weeknight meal that will soon become a family favorite.
As you chop of the fresh basil and tomatoes, you will begin to imagine just how fresh-tasting this dinner will be. After the cheese is melted, the bruschetta mixture is served atop the chicken, and if you wish, a drizzle of honey balsamic glaze takes this to the next level.
❤️ Why its a must-try
- The perfect weeknight meal as it takes less than 30 minutes from skillet to table.
- A flavorful Italian chicken dinner that is both a crowd-pleaser and a family dinner.
- Cooks easily stove top in one skillet.
- A healthy chicken dish that is low in carbs and filled with vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants.
Bruschetta chicken is a delicious, mouthwatering dinner the entire family will love. Chicken bruschetta can be made for an easy dinner or for a fancy get-together with friends.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
📋 Ingredient Notes
- Chicken: Chicken breasts are preferred but you can also use tenders or even chicken thighs.
- Olive oil
- Basil: Use fresh basil leaves that are green and not wilted.
- Garlic: Garlic cloves are minced and add a flavorful touch.
- Oregano: Dried oregano is the perfect spice for this dish, and you can also use Italian seasoning.
- Mozzarella: You can use slices of mozzarella or even shredded cheese.
- Roma tomatoes: Roma tomatoes are a nice Italian variety with fewer seeds. You can also use cherry tomatoes.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Balsamic glaze
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound to an even thickness. Mix chicken, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a big bowl. Let it marinate until we make the Bruschetta.
- To make the Bruschetta, core and dice the tomatoes, thinly chop the basil, and place both in a medium bowl. Add garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Mix everything together and set aside.
- Cook the chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook for 2-4 minutes each side or until thoroughly cooked.
- Reduce heat to low and add a piece of cheese on top of each chicken; cover so the cheese melts. Serve chicken topped with tomato mixture with drizzles of balsamic glaze.
- Make sure to use a sharp knife to slice the chicken. A good-quality knife can shave off minutes of prep time!
- I like getting my basil from a live plant, and you can, of course, use fresh basil from a container too. Many stores now sell live plants that last long on your kitchen counter.
- Swap out the Roma tomatoes for cherry tomatoes if you prefer.
🍽️ Serve With
- This Keto Greek Salad is full of texture and flavor. We love it with chicken bruschetta —and pretty much any Mediterranean meal!
- Nothing goes better with a saucy, tomato-based dish than some crispy Garlic Bread in Air Fryer to dip in it.
- Easy and simple Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix has the perfect sweetness to finish a fresh, summery casserole dinner.
- Serve Bruschetta chicken with a side of Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables or serve atop a bed of Cream Cheese Pasta.
Refrigerate: Leftover bruschetta chicken should be placed in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Reheat: in a skillet on your stovetop, or you can heat small servings in the microwave.
⌛ Make Ahead
You can make the Bruschetta ahead of time and refrigerate until you're ready to cook the chicken.
- Instead of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, you can make this recipe with chicken tenders or thighs. Whole pieces of bone-in chicken can also be used in this easy weeknight dinner. Cooking time needs to be adjusted.
- Grill the chicken instead of pan-searing it for a slight flavor variation.
- Swap out the cheese for Monterey Jack or slices of Cheddar. Add a handful of parmesan cheese before serving.
- Top with sliced olives or artichoke hearts.
- Add onions to your bruschetta, any type of onion but red onion is my favorite.
We love to make it in a skillet, but chicken bruschetta can be baked right in your oven. Top the chicken breasts with the bruschetta and bake until cooked until no longer pink in the middle and the chicken breasts have an internal temperature of at least 165°F.
📣 Related Recipes
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole is packed with classic Italian flavor without the extra carb. This one is a must-try!
- With Rotel tomatoes and loads of gooey cheese, Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel is a fun, win-win chicken dinner.
- Looking for easy weeknight meals? How about you try this satisfying Slow Cooker Cornish Hens—there's something for everyone!
- Delicious and satisfying tender chicken in a rich, creamy sauce, this easy Marry Me Chicken recipe will leave you wanting more. A perfect dish for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Mediterranean Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Shawarma Recipe with the most amazing flavorful marinade is one recipe you will not forget. Better than your Middle Eastern restaurant, this tender chicken comes with an authentic flavor you will not find anywhere.
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating! Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- 1 large skillet
- 2 mixing bowls
- 4 chicken breasts or tenders
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sliced Mozzarella cheese cut in half
For the Bruschetta
- 4 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- Balsamic glaze optional
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound to an even thickness.
- In a big bowl, combine chicken, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and mix well. Let it marinate until we make the Bruschetta.
Make the Bruschetta:
- Core and dice the tomatoes, thinly chop the basil and place both in a medium bowl.
- Add garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix everything together and set aside.
Cook the chicken:
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.