Big feast (Eidul Adha) which is one of the most big celebrations among Muslims allover the world. Although it is a meat Eid which means it is full of traditional meat recipes like fattah.kebdah and more, we have so many delicious cookies on the table like Kahak .
One of the easiest cookies very well knows and very well desired by kids is the betefour pronounced betty-four. When I was young -ages ago 🙂 - betefour came in two colors - white and brown- and in almost one shape- two circles or flower shaped glued together with jam. Now betefour comes in so many different shapes and some people make it in more than these traditional two colors. It is easy to make,assemble,very buttery. sweet and very very delicious. I hope you will try them and enjoy them as much as we do.
- Now for the garnish you can leave it plain as is or glue each identical two with Jam then add some to the tip then dip it in coconut flakes or nuts or just glue them and leave them without anything at the top. You can melt chocolate and dip it in then leave it to harden.
- I've covered some in white chocolate then coconut flakes and it was divine.
Really the possibilities are endless... so let your creativity flow.
- 1 1/2 cups cold ghee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all purpose flour flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder- or to your liking
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat ghee until light and fluffy then add in the powdered sugar and beat well.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter and mix well.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Divide the dough into two equal halves and mix one of them with cocoa powder.
- Shape into balls or use a cookie press.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 10-15 minutes or until done.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
Enjoy the cookies with family and friends..... Happy Eid.