This Marry Me Chicken is the perfect statement piece for any romantic dinner. The chicken is cooked to perfection and simmered in a creamy sun-dried tomato sauce that's full of a delicious blend of spices that will have you craving more.
❤️ Why You'll Want to Make It
- Whether it's for an anniversary, a special night, or just because, this dish is sure to impress and make your significant other feel extra special.
- The incredible flavors of this creamy sauce combined with the tender chicken breasts will have everyone asking for more!
- It's easy enough for busy weekdays yet feels gourmet.
This delicious juicy chicken breasts recipe is one of the best skillet dishes that I've ever made for my family. It's so simple, yet it's also bursting with so much flavor. Even the picky eaters in your house will love this simple meal.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, then dust in flour. Shake excess flour.
- On medium-high heat, melt butter and cook breasts for 4 minutes on each side in a large skillet, then remove from pan.
- Sauté the garlic and glaze the pan with chicken broth scrubbing the bottom of the pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients and return the chicken to the pan, and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil leaves or chili flakes.
💡 Amira's Special Tips
- Pound the chicken breasts fillets until they are the same thickness so that they cook evenly.
- I don't recommend using parmesan cheese from the tub for Marry Me Chicken; freshly grated cheese works best for this sauce.
- Cook the chicken and sauce until it is thickened. This will ensure that all the flavors are blended and that your finished dish is not watery.
- Make sure to reduce heat if the sauce starts to stick or burn.
Refrigerate: Store leftover Marry Me Chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freezer: I don't recommend freezing this Marry Me Chicken, because the dairy in the sauce will separate when thawed.
⌛ Make Ahead
This chicken is best served freshly made, however you can season and bread the chicken store it in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap until you are ready to cook, if you need to save a little time on prep work.
🍽️ Serve With
I love to serve this creamy chicken with some cooked pasta like penne or rotini and a fresh green side salad for a full meal.
- Instead of chicken breasts, you could use pre-sliced chicken cutlets or even chicken tenderloins to make this recipe.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes if you enjoy a touch of heat to your sauce.
- Add a couple of ounces of cream cheese to your sauce while it is simmering, and stir until melted for an extra thick sauce.
This recipe gets its name from the fact that people says if you make it for someone that you are dating they will want to marry you right away.
I like to reheat in the skillet on the stovetop over medium heat with a tiny bit of heavy cream or chicken broth to thin the sauce a little.
Yes, you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs, but you will need to increase the cooking time.
📣 Related Recipes
- This Oregano Chicken is melt in your mouth tender and then grilled to perfection you can't go wrong with this easy recipe.
- Are you looking for a kid-friendly recipe that you can make on busy days? Add these Crispy Chicken Strips to your meal plan your family will love them.
- Here's the best Cornish hen recipe, the whole family will love. This is a special occasion dish, but makes for a good hearty meal that can be served on a weeknight as well.
- SO easy! Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe are made in one pot! I like to make it with chicken but you can add shrimp or make it meatless.
- Flavorful ground chicken patties, breaded and fried to crispy golden perfection. This Chicken Patties Recipe is a winner chicken dinner indeed.
- Chicken Hash Brown Casserole is an easy, comfort food casserole you can whip up in minutes. One of our favorite meals of chicken and potato that's also perfect for busy weeknights.
- Poppy seed chicken casserole is a family favorite comfort food casserole that need only 5 minutes prep time. A crowd pleaser dish with only 6 ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes.
Saucy Chicken Recipes
- This Tamarind Chicken is tangy, savory with the perfect balance of flavors. Tender chicken bites with sweet and sour tamarind sauce that will make everyone lick their plates clean.
- The next time that you need a simple yet healthy meal to make for your family, give this Lemon Dill Chicken recipe a try. The tender chicken is full of fresh flavor from the lemon and dill making it a crowd pleaser.
I hope you'll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
Easy Marry Me Chicken
- 1 ½ chicken breast sliced into thin cutlets
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black peppers
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes diced or julienned
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh basil leaves or dried chili flakes.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper then dust in flour.
- Place a large skillet on medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter then add chicken breasts.
- Cook breasts 4 minutes on each side then remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and melt the remaining butter.
- Sauté garlic for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Pour chicken broth and deglaze the pan.
- Pour in the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, oregano, dry basil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add back the chicken and continue cooking until sauce thickens.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil leaves or chili flakes.
- I sometimes use cubes chicken breasts for an even quicker version.
- Boneless skinless chicken thigh or chicken tenders would work too. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- store leftover refrigerated in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.