Better than store bought, make this fall favorite drink right at home with few ingredients. Pumpkin puree, milk, coffee and sweetener of choice will make you the best pumpkin spice latte in just 5 minutes.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- First it is homemade which means no weird ingredients or components you do not know.
- Less sugar than store bought and you can use your favorite sweeteners here.
- Fully loaded with pumpkin flavors so you can enjoy the season to the fullest.
Plus it is way cheaper than the one you get at Starbucks with much fewer calories. I could drink that daily with no regrets. Making your own pumpkin spice latte is really so easy with few simple ingredients.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
- Pumpkin Puree, you can use canned or homemade pumpkin puree
- Coffee, use your favorite coffee
- Milk, regular milk is my favorite
- Pumpkin pie spice mix, homemade or store bought whatever you prefer.
- Sweetener, use cane sugar, maple syrup, honey, stevia... etc
- Vanilla extract.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- On medium heat place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk together until smooth and bubbly.
- Pour in cups and enjoy. If you are frothing the milk check the frothing notes below.
👍 Tips for Success
- Use a strong coffee for this recipe or you can also use espresso.
- Make sure you get pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- You can use any milk plant based or regular. I love using whole milk, oat milk, soy milk and coconut milk are great options for non-dairy milk.
- Top your drink with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin spice mix for an elegant restaurant look.
- Using brown sugar makes this drink taste more festive.
- To make your drink frothy mix all the ingredients except for the milk in the sauce pan. Heat milk separately then froth using a handheld frother, coffee press or a regular blender. Pour the milk over, mix and enjoy.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
⌛ Make Ahead
You can mix all the ingredients and place in the refrigerator for two days. Remix and heat up when ready to serve.
🍽️ Serve With
- I like making this without sugar and indulge in something sweet like a piece or two of this Turkish delight.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Cake goes pretty well with this drink, keep the theme going!
- If you do not like chocolate you can also make this easy Pumpkin Bundt with Cream Cheese Frosting, absolutely divine.
- If you would like something easy and does not take much time, make these Chocolate Covered Dates, they serve a crowd too.
- Mix ingredients in a blender pour on tall glasses over ice for a cold pumpkin spice latte.
- Make a pumpkin spice latte without coffee: omit the coffee or use a decaf coffee for a no caffeine version.
📣 Related Recipes
- Simple Ginger Latte in less than 5 minutes, this coffee shop style drink does not even need ginger syrup!.
- Karak tea is a delicious creamy spiced tea that is popular in the United Arab Emirates and neighboring Gulf countries. Black tea is brewed with a blend of spices which gives the tea its distinct flavor and aroma.
- Milk Tea has been known in the Middle East for such a long time now. Steep your favorite black tea with a splash of milk and sweetener for an exquisite quick and easy beverage experience.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- ½ cup brewed coffee
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar or to your liking
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Whipped cream for garnish
- In a small sauce pan whisk together all the ingredients until smooth. Heat on medium until bubbly.
- Pour coffee mixture in your cup.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
- Check the post for more tips and variations please.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.