This copycat Starbucks Creme Brulee Latte is easy to make at home and tastes just as good as the real thing! Warm, comforting and full of sweet creamy flavor, it's the perfect winter drink that will make your home smell amazing.
This popular holiday season beverage features a combination of rich espresso, steamed milk, and a creamy caramel flavor that is reminiscent of the classic French dessert.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's so easy to make that everyone can do it. No special barista skills are needed, and it is made with simple ingredients.
- You don't have to spend precious time in the morning waiting in line to get your favorite cup of coffee.
- And, by making this sweet beverage at home, you can save money, so it's a win-win.
I love a trip to the coffee shop as much as everyone else. However, I don't always like paying high prices for my favorite drinks. That's why I love finding recipes that allow me to recreate them at home, like this copycat Starbucks Creme Brulee Latte.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
📋 Ingredient Notes
- Espresso shot - You'll need two shots of espresso.
- Milk - Any type of milk will work for this recipe, from whole milk to almond milk. We prefer using whole milk for its creamy texture and taste.
- Creme caramel syrup - I like using Monin or Torani syrups.
- Caramel sauce - I used Torani sauce, but any would work, even homemade caramel sauce.
- Milk - Any type of milk will work for this recipe, from whole milk to almond milk. I prefer using whole milk for its creamy texture and taste.
- Whipped Cream - For topping the latte and adding an extra touch of indulgence.
- Turbinado sugar - It is kid of a raw brown sugar that I like to use for a brulee topping and it gives a nice crunch to the latte. You can also use toffee bits.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Steam the milk in a steamer.
- In a 16 oz cup, add caramel sauce and syrup, then pour coffee over. Stir to combine.
- Pour 10 oz steamed milk over and top with whipped cream, turbinado sugar, and a drizzle of caramel sauce if desired.
- Or, for an iced coffee, proceed as the hot drink, but instead, add 7 oz of steamed milk, then fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Make sure to use a high-quality caramel sauce for the best flavor.
- For an extra indulgent drink, top with whipped cream and an additional drizzle of caramel sauce.
- If you don't have an espresso machine at home, you can use strongly brewed coffee instead.
- Don't have a milk steamer? Place the milk in a saucepan and heat it slowly while beating it with a whisk, hand mixer, or milk frother until it is light and fluffy.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
🛍 Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
Unfortunately, this drink does not store well, so it's best enjoyed freshly made. Thankfully, it's easy to make so you can whip one up anytime you get a craving.
⌛ Make Ahead
This latte is best enjoyed freshly made, but if you plan to enjoy it iced you can make the espresso ahead or use cold brew instead.
🍽️ Serve With
- Add a bit of vanilla syrup for a different flavor twist.
- Coconut milk, oat milk, unsweetened almond milk can be used for a non dairy milk option. My favorite is soy milk.
- Want a stronger coffee flavor? Add an extra shot of espresso or use less steamed milk.
- You can also top this creme brulee latte with a sprinkle of cinnamon for an added spice.
- To lower sugar in this coffee, use sugar-free syrups and zero sugar whipped cream.
A brulee latte is a coffee drink made with steamed milk, espresso, and flavored syrups. It has a sweet flavor reminiscent of the popular dessert, creme brulee.
A creme brulee latte has a sweet and creamy taste with notes of caramel and vanilla. It also has a slightly rich and indulgent texture, making it a perfect treat for coffee lovers.
📣 Related Recipes
- Do you love lattes? This Ginger Latte is another must-try recipe for latte lovers. It's creamy and full of warm flavor, which makes it a great way to start your day.
- This Pumpkin Spice Latte is another coffee shop favorite that you can make at home. The best thing about making this comforting drink at home is that you don't have to wait for fall to enjoy it.
- Looking for something a little different? Give this Turkish Coffee a try! It's a rich and aromatic coffee that is traditionally served with a side of Turkish delight.
- Want to enjoy a cup of tea instead of coffee? This Tea with Milk is a simple and delicious way to enjoy your tea.
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating! Thank you.
Creme Brûlée Latte
- 2 espresso shot 2 oz
- 1 Tablespoon creme caramel syrup
- 1 Tablespoon caramel sauce
- 7-10 oz milk
- Whipped Cream
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- Steam the milk in a steamer or in the other ways discussed in the notes.
- For the hot latte:
- In a 16 oz cup add caramel sauce, syrup then pour coffee over. Stir to combine.
- Pour 10 oz steamed milk over and top with whipped cream, turbinado sugar and a drizzle of caramel sauce if desired.
- To make the iced latte:
- Proceed as the hot drink but instead add 7 oz of steamed milk then fill the glass with ice cubes.
- If you do not have a milk steamer, you can simply place milk in a saucepan and beat the milk with a whisk, a handheld mixer or a milk frother.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.