This overnight oats recipe is a hearty, healthy, make ahead breakfast. How cool is that?. Berry overnight oats will make your mornings a breeze. This is the right start for a great day.
Next time, try this basic scones recipe with your favorite add-ons .
❤️ Why its a must-try
It is one of the simplest things ever to start the day with oats and berries. Simply combine a few ingredients in a jar at night, and bingo—you have a morning head start.
I adore recipes that can be prepared ahead of time, such as this wonderful cinnamon bread pudding, or breakfasts that you can put in your slow cooker the night before.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- In a 14-16 oz jar or in a bowl add all the ingredients without the fruits and with only 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Mix everything well.
- Pour the rest of the milk over.
- I love mixing in a bowl first, It is easier for me to mix in a bowl than the jar itself.
- Top with berries when you are ready to ensure they are crisp and delicious.
- If you are using apples or banana slices add them just before eating to prevent browning.
🍽️ Serve With
- This Healthy Grilled Chicken Salad is a great lunch during the day after such a healthy breakfast.
- These Baked Falafel are also a great lunch or dinner later in the day.
- Finish off your day with this Healthy Baked Apple Slices full of flavor and natural sweetness.
- Top this delicious breakfast with a refreshing Strawberry Coulis for more berry flavor.
- I've used only milk in this recipe, some people though like adding yogurt. I am not a huge fan of yogurt so I limited it to only milk.
- You can also use any milk dairy or dairy-free milk.
- I've also used almond butter, love this thing. But obviously, you can use any nut butter of your choice.
- Make a vegan overnight oats by using non-dairy milk, I recommend oat milk, and sugar or pure maple syrup instead of honey.
- If you are watching your carbs consider using coconut milk and stevia as a sweetener.
- Change up the fruit combination, mangoes, bananas and a bit of coconut cream for a tropical overnight oats.
- Mix in some matcha powder or coco powder for a different flavor.
- Try also flax seeds or hemp hearts for added nutrients.
Yes, sure. Actually, it is traditionally made with old fashioned rolled oats.
Instant oats will get you overnight oats recipe in just 30 minutes or less. So if you are looking for soaking and leaving overnight thing, use the good old fashioned oats.
Of course. If you are not a fan of milk or want it dairy free use whatever. You can use, any sort of milk like almond cashew, you can use juice or water whatever you are comfortable with.
I love using fresh berries, but yes you can use frozen berries. In fact, some people find it easier to use the frozen, especially if you are aiming for organic. Organic frozen are always cheaper than fresh and you do not have to panic and use them quickly before they go bad.
Overnight oats can last up to 5 days in the fridge. That's 5 days of ready breakfasts waiting for you in your own fridge!.
📣 Related Recipes
- Looking for a refreshing and delicious smoothie to brighten up your day? Try this delicious creamy Banana Pineapple Smoothie. Full of tropical flavor this smoothie is great for a healthy breakfast or snack.
- These healthy Banana Applesauce Muffins makes a great breakfast with a cup of coffee.
- Light and fluffy Pistachio Muffins are so simple to make and taste great with a cup of coffee!
- Tiramisu Overnight Oats is an easy breakfast recipe that promises creamy layers with a delightful refreshing dose of caffeine. The perfect 5-minute pick-me-up breakfast or snack in a jar.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises!
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 16oz Jars, or any airtight container
Overnight Oats with Berries
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon creamy almond butter
- 2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup milk or up to ⅔ cup for a thinner consistency.
- ½ cup berries or fruit of your choice.
- In a 14-16 oz jar or in a bowl add first 5 ingredients with 2 Tablespoons of milk and mix well to combine.
- Pour in the rest of the milk and stir.
- Top with fruit of your choice.*
- Place lid on jar and refrigerate overnight.**
- Serve chilled with more honey if you would like to.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors