Overnight oatmeal in a jar for a hearty, healthy, make ahead breakfast. How cool is that?. Berry overnight oats will make your mornings a breeze. This is the right start for a great day.
Also try this basic scones recipe with your favorite add-ons .
Start the day with oats and berries has never been easier. Just throw a handful of ingredients in a jar at night and BOOM here you have it to ease your mornings. I love make ahead recipes, or breakfasts that you can throw in your slow cooker the night before, like this amazing bread pudding.
Schools are back, what does that mean? it means crazy mornings, and afternoons as well. No time to prepare anything specially in mornings. Eating healthy when time is short is not an easy task. Overnight oats with strawberries and blueberries has it all, tasty, looking fresh and colorful and healthy.
Can you use old fashioned oats in overnight oats?
Yes, sure. Actually, it is traditionally made with old fashioned rolled oats.
Can you use instant oats for overnight oats?
Instant oats will get you overnight oats recipe in just 30 minutes or less. So if you are looking for soaking and leaving overnight thing, use the good old fashioned oats.
Can you make overnight oats with water?
Of course. If you are not a fan of milk or want it dairy free use whatever. You can use, any sort of milk like almond cashew, you can use juice or water whatever you are comfortable with.
Can you use frozen berries in overnight oats?
I love using fresh berries, but yes you can use frozen berries. In fact, some people find it easier to use the frozen, especially if you are aiming for organic. Organic frozen are always cheaper than fresh and you do not have to panic and use them quickly before they go bad.
How long do overnight oats last?
Overnight oats can last up to 5 days in the fridge. That’s 5 days of ready breakfasts waiting for you in your own fridge!.
How do you make overnight oats?
- Gather the ingredients, see how they are colorful and refreshing just by looking.
- I’ve used only milk in this recipe, some people though like adding yogurt. I am not a huge fan of yogurt so I limited it to only milk.
- I’ve also used almond butter, love this thing. But obviously, you can use any nut butter of your choice.
- Chia seeds: If there is one ingredient that I want to include in every meal, it would be chia seeds. These little seeds are packed with fibers, omega3 and can soak up to 5 times their size in liquids. This is return fills you up quickly for less calories.
- I love mixing in a bowl first, It is easier for me to mix in a bowl than the jar itself.
- So in a bowl, mix oats,honey, almond butter, chia seeds and two tablespoons of milk together.
- Transfer mixture into 14-16 oz Mason jar, add milk. Stir well, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- I like adding my fruits before eating but you are welcome to add them before closing the lid.
- If you are using apples or banana slices add them just before eating to prevent browning.
And that’s pretty much it. You just need to go to sleep and wake up to a yummy, filling, protein-and-fiber-packed breakfast.
I would like to take the opportunity and thank the genius who came up with this idea. Just think of all the varieties you can come up with, add protein powder for more protein or just add some almonds along with the fruits. Brighten your day with this delicious breakfast. Get creative with the first and most important meal of the day.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira’s Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
Berry Overnight Cold Oats
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats.
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds.
- 1 Tablespoon creamy almond butter.
- 2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup.
- 1/2 cup milk or up to 2/3 cup for a thinner consistency.
- 1/2 cup berries or fruit of your choice.
- In a 14-16 oz jar or in a bowl add first 5 ingredients with 2 Tablespoons of milk and mix well to combine.
- Pour in the rest of the milk and stir.
- Top with fruit of your choice.*
- Place lid on jar and refrigerate overnight.**
- Serve chilled with more honey if you would like to.
Some of the links mentioned in this post are affiliate links, check disclosure policy for more information.
You may also like