This easy Garlic Butter recipe is the perfect way to add flavor and zest to your meal. Our unique blend of garlic, butter, and herbs will tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
With its savory aroma and rich flavor profile, it's sure to be a hit.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- You only need simple ingredients so you may not need to make a trip to the grocery store.
- It's a great way to add flavor to your favorite homemade bread, dinner rolls, vegetables, and proteins.
- It comes together in just minutes and stores well so you can keep it on hand for meals.
Skip the expensive store-bought compound butter and make your own at home with pantry and fridge staples.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
📋 Ingredient Notes
- Unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Chopped fresh parsley.
- Finely chopped fresh rosemary, sage and thyme.
- Minced garlic cloves
- Kosher salt
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Add the butter to a mixing bowl and mash with a fork or a hand mixer.
- Mix in all the ingredients until well combined.
- Shape into a log or store in a covered bowl.
- Your butter must be at room temperature so that you can easily mix in the herbs and seasonings.
- I recommend that you use high-quality butter and not margarine for this recipe.
- I like to use a combination of rosemary, thyme, and sage for an amazing flavor.
- For best results, I recommend using fresh garlic.
- If you want to shape this homemade butter into a log, roll it in a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap. And twist the ends like a candy wrapper to seal it.
Refrigerate: Store your homemade rosemary garlic butter in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a couple of weeks.
Freezer: Freeze rosemary garlic butter for up to 3 months.
⌛ Make Ahead
This butter stores well, so it's great to make a double batch to always keep it on hand for when you need it for your favorite dishes.
🍽️ Serve With
The options for serving garlic rosemary compound butter are unlimited. Use it to make delicious recipes like Air Fryer Garlic Bread or can add extra garlic flavor to your Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes. You can also serve it on your juicy steak recipes or any other savory dish that you enjoy.
- Out of unsalted butter? You can use regular butter instead. However, taste your garlic sauce before you add the flaky salt to make sure that your butter is not overly salty.
- Add a fresh burst of citrus flavor by mixing in a dash of lemon juice or freshly grated lemon zest to the homemade garlic butter.
- You can also add your favorite herbs and spices to this simple recipe such as black pepper or chives.
- For a more savory and cheesy version, add some grated parmesan cheese to the garlic butter mixture.
Yes, you can freeze garlic butter for up to three months. Freeze in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container. When ready to use, thaw overnight in the fridge and bring it back to room temperature before using.
Yes, it can go bad. I recommend that you eat it within 2-3 weeks after you make it. If you plan to keep it that long make sure that you store it in the fridge.
📣 Related Recipes
- This Lebanese Garlic Sauce also known as toum is an excellent dipping sauce for grilled meats. You only need a few basic ingredients and a little bit of time to make this garlic dip.
- This lemon herb tahini is the perfect blend of tangy lemon, fresh herbs, and nutty tahini. It's full of flavor and can be used in some many different ways.
- And, this Sour Cream Sauce is an easy recipe to make when you want to add flavor to tacos, burritos, or quesadillas. It's a creamy and flavorful sauce that will take your favorite dishes to the next level of deliciousness!
- This Greek eggplant dip is wonderful for any occasion or party! If you want to add some extra flavor to your appetizer table then this is the recipe for you.
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating! Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Small bowl
Rosemary Garlic Butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sage or thyme finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or to your liking
- In a bowl add ingredients and stir together well until combined.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.