This No Bake Key Lime Pie is creamy, tart and delicious. It's also incredibly easy to make and requires no baking! It's the perfect warm weather treat for potlucks, barbecues, or any other summer activities.
❤️ Why You'll Love to Make It
- This dessert is the perfect balance of creamy and tart, with a buttery graham cracker crust that ties it all together.
- It's easy to make, requires no baking which is perfect when you don't want to turn on the oven.
- Best of all, it's always a crowd pleaser, your friends and family will love it.
I love the combination of key lime flavor that mixed with the fluffy whipped cream, cream cheese. It makes for a smooth and tangy dessert that is so refreshing in the warm weather season.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Make the Chantilly cream, cover and refrigerate. Make the pie crust and refrigerate until you are done with the filling.
- In a bowl whip together cream cheese, condensed milk, lime juice and zest until well mixed and creamy with no lumps.
- In another bowl beat heavy cream until stiff peak forms. Fold into the previous mixture.
- Pour the creamy lime mixture into your pie crust and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Decorate before serving.
👍 Amira's Tips
- If you want to save a little time, you can use a store-bought crust instead of making your own.
- If you do not have graham crackers crumbs in your store, put about 22-23 graham cracker squares in your food processor and process.
- I prefer to pipe the whipped cream on top of the pie, and then garnish with lime slices for a beautiful design on the top.
- You could also top with swirls of lime zest for a beautiful pop of color.
- This pie can be served frozen however, I think it's better chilled. It has such a creamy texture when chilled.
Store the pie in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze it for up to 3 months. Let the frozen pie thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
⌛ Make Ahead
You can make this Key Lime Pie ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or freeze it for up to 3 months. When freezing, make sure to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. Thaw it in the fridge overnight if you want to serve it chilled.
🍽️ Serve With
- Use cinnamon graham crackers to make your pie crust, for a subtle hint of cinnamon.
- You could also mix in some toasted coconut flakes or macadamia nuts for a crunchy twist into your crust for a crunch twist.
- For the filling, you can add some shredded coconut for a tropical twist.
- Slivered almonds are another great garnish for this creamy sweet treat.
- Persian limes are a good substitute to key lime if you do not have them.
Yes, you can substitute regular lime juice for key lime juice in this recipe.
Yes, you can use store-bought whipped cream instead of making your own. Just make sure it is thawed and not frozen when using it for this recipe.
📣 Related Recipes
- If you are fan of pies, then next time you may want to make this Apple Pie with Phyllo Dough. It's a show-stopping delicious dessert that is sure to impress.
- These Mini Pecan Pies are perfect bite-sized treats for whenever you have a craving for something sweet.
- Best fluffy marshmallow frosting recipe, easy to make with a handful of ingredients. This is the perfect frosting for cakes and cupcakes.
- Here is How to Blind Bake Pie Crust for a flawlessly crisp and golden pie crust with lots of valuable tips and tricks. You will sure have the perfect pie for your pie masterpiece.
More No Bake Desserts
- Hula pie is a macadamia nut ice cream pie with chocolate oreo crust that has originated in Hawaii. Here is a simple recipe for this delicious treat to make at home.
- These No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Cups are another easy and delicious no-bake dessert that you will want to make make for your next grill night.
- Chocolate biscuit cake is a special dessert for chocolate lovers. Layers for broken biscuit covered with delicious chocolate sauce and topped with an decadent chocolate ganache.
- Easy no bake Golden Oreo dessert loaded with fresh berries is the ultimate dessert for warm weather. Crushed cookies with creamy sweet filling and lots of vibrant fresh berries all creating a colorful and delicious dessert that is sure to impress.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
No bake key lime pie
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 7 Tablespoons butter melted
For the filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup key lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- More key lime zest or thinly slices key lime
- Make the Chantilly cream, cover and refrigerate.
Make the crust:
- In a big bowl mix together graham crackers crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter and mix well with a fork until crumbs are all moistened.
- Pour mixture into a 10 inch glass pie plate and press firmly using a measuring cup into the bottom and sides of the pie dish.
- Refrigerate until you are done with the filling.
Make the filling:
- În a medium bowl using an electric beaters, beat heavy cream until stiff peak forms. Set aside.
- In another bowl whip together cream cheese, condensed milk, lime juice and zest until well mixed and creamy with no lumps.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Take your pie crust out of the fridge.
- Pour the creamy lime mixture in and refrigerate again for 4 hours or overnight.
- Take both the pie and the Chantilly cream out.
- Pipe the Chantilly cream in a decorative way on top of the pie.
- Serve cold or frozen.
- Time saving tips:
- Use store bought graham cracker crust.
- You can just spread the Chantilly cream over the pie and level with a spatula.
- You can blend the cream cheese, condensed milk and lime juice and zest in your blender then pour into a bowl.
- Sometimes I like serving frozen pie slices, specially during summer, after dinner. Just let them defrost on the counter for 20 minutes or so to soften a bit.
- You might end up with more filling store in your fridge and use as a fruit dip, or make mini key lime pie. Place in popsicle mold and freeze these are great as popsicles too.
- Storage: Store tightly covered in your fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Use lime or lemon instead of key lime.
- Change up the crust flavor and use Nilla wafers or gingersnap cookies.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.