Hamburger hashbrown is a comforting casserole recipe featuring delicious ground beef, hashbrown potatoes and cheese. This warm and satisfying meal is a crowd pleaser, kid-friendly, and family favorite meal year-round.
❤️ Why You'll Want to Make It
- Creamy and comforting with just a few simple ingredients.
- no one says no to beef and potatoes
- Come together really quick for busy weeknights
- Think of this casserole as a healthier take on the classic one without using cream of chicken soup.
There is something about ground beef casseroles that makes everyone in my family rush to the dinner table and often times have seconds. If your family is like mine then you definitely want to try this recipe. It will not disappoint.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat then add in the tomato sauce and mix well.
- Add the cream cheese, breaking it apart to mix in with the ingredients in the skillet.
- Turn the heat off and mix in the hash browns.
- Pour the ground beef mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Bake the whole casserole for 45 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Spread cheese over the . and return to oven for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- You can use milk instead of tomato sauce too.
- I’ve used my trusted seasoned ground beef recipe in this one, but often times I add Italian seasoning as well.
🍽️ Serve With
- Hashbrown hamburger casserole is a hearty meal by itself but I like serving it with a side of Air Fryer Frozen Asparagus.
- Next time, I might as well add a side of this Lebanese Rice.
- Turn this into a great meal when you pair it with a crusty bread side dish like this Air Fryer Garlic Bread. Plus, you don't have to worry about oven space since the air fryer does the work.
- My family loves something a little sweet to end this meal, so I love to give them a slice of this Orange Loaf Cake.
- Place any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Freeze leftover for up to 3 months.
- Change it up and add taco seasoning and a can of beans.
- Top with different type(s) of cheese for a different flavor.
- Mix in some vegetables like corn, peas, carrots, green beans..etc
- For a creamier casserole add a can of condensed cream of chicken soup.
- Top the dish with tater tots instead of making a hashbrown mixture.
Yes for this recipe you will need to thaw them first prior to adding them to the dish. Cooking the casserole with frozen hash browns might result in a watery soggy casserole.
📣 Related Recipes
- Warm comfort food at its best. Ground beef doritos casserole is a super delicious, savory mix of seasoned ground beef, cheese and doritos. A kid friendly meal for busy parents.
- Here is a delicious twist on the classic taco recipe to make your taco night more exciting. Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers with a savory filling of seasoned ground beef, beans, cheese, and topped with your favorite taco toppings.
- This ground beef zucchini casserole is loaded with fresh herbs, saucy, and delicious. It's a great low carb weeknight dinner idea.
- Baked ziti with meat is a delicious and satisfying comfort food that is easy to make at home. This dish can be made ahead of time and reheated for an easy weeknight dinner option.
- This sour cream chicken enchilada casserole has been a hit especially with kids.
- Old Fashioned Tuna Noodle Casserole is a delicious classic combination of tender egg noodles, canned tuna and creamy homemade sauce and peas. Topped with buttery breadcrumbs this casserole is a warm comforting dinner to welcome you home.
More Ground Beef Recipes
- This moist meatloaf with bread crumbs recipe is old fashioned, tender with a delicious glaze. Sticky sweet and super delicious! You can eat the whole thing in one sitting – I won't tell.
- Kofta kebabs are a delicious and popular Middle Eastern dish that are perfect for grilling or cooking in the oven.
- Hamburger potato casserole is the perfect easy weeknight dinner made with tender potatoes, ground beef and cheese all cooked in a creamy sauce . A casserole that your whole family will love.
- Comforting and simplified Lazy Lasagna Casserole for those nights when you are craving the classic Italian dish with minimal effort.
- Cheesy mashed potatoes recipe is the ultimate comfort side dish for your family meals specially during the holidays. A gooey side dish with velvety texture and smooth rich flavor.
I hope you'll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
Hamburger hashbrown casserole
- 2 pounds seasoned ground beef
- 1 block cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15oz)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag (30oz) frozen hash brown potatoes thawed
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray a 13x9 oven dish with oil.
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet on medium heat, then add in the tomato sauce and mix well.
- Add the cream cheese breaking it apart to mix in with the ingredients in the skillet.
- Turn heat off and mix in the hash browns.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and bake for 45minutes or until hash browns are golden brown and cooked.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts and bubbly.