Here's the meal plan for January 3-7. I'm keeping it easy and comforting! Scroll to the bottom for the grocery list
Enjoy a free, 5-day meal plan of delicious meals for you and your family. Meal plan is a great way to ease your days, relax, save time while making sure your family is getting hot home-cooked meals every night.
I've been sharing 5-day meal plans with my email subscribers for many years now, started sharing some of those on Instagram and I love the feedback I get from those who love the meal plans and use them regularly.
If you’re new to my meal plans, they normally include 5 dinner recipes and one or two desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth. I'm trying my best to be thoughtful and add a variety of recipes with plenty of wiggle room for you to add or subtract food and I always suggest you make a day per week for leftovers or use them for lunch the next day.
📅 Food Holidays
This week we are having some interesting and fun days to celebrate. These days are a good opportunity to raise awareness, shed some light, or inspire you to create more recipes in your kitchen. So let's check them out:
- January is the National Soup Month, check out these hearty soup collection.
- January 4 is National Spaghetti Day. Try this chicken tetrazzini with spaghetti too, so delicious.
- January 5 is National Whipped Cream Day. Here is an easy Chantilly cream for any dessert you have in mind..
🍊 In Season Now
January is the season for citrus. Oranges, lemon, limes, mandarin oranges are all in season. Beets, turnip and celery roots are still in season.
Meal Prep Tricks
- Prepare meatloaf on Sunday and freeze for later in the week, double to use in another week.
- Marinade chicken tenders on Sunday too, they refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
- Buy pre-chopped or pre-cored veggies if possible. Your time is worth money.
- Remember you can always switch the days around and do not forget to check the rest of the meal plans.
Simple and comforting stuffed zucchini cooked in delicious yogurt sauce. Skip the ground beef for a meatless meal.
Classic meatloaf is moist and delicious - so easy to make! The tangy glaze is over the top!. Add some pasta or mashed potatoes on the side.
Crunchy pistachio cake that is like no other. Made with semolina this is a very easy sheet cake to welcome the new year.
🖨️ Printable Shopping List
Here is a free printable shopping list to use while shopping this week.