Who does not like single skillet meals?. Potato egg skillet is one of the one pot meal ideas that you are going to love. This is great for brunch, lunch or even dinner table. A tasty variation to the traditional shakshuka recipe.
There are certain types of egg recipes that I will eat, and eat, and eat. This is a make-it-more-than-five-times kind of meal for me. Aaaand it can be versatile and it is colorful and it is flavorful and the smell is heavenly.
There are so much about this one pot cozy and colorful dish. From the pan-fried potatoes to the green peppers, the soft and creamy eggs WITH THE CHEESE melted over the top, and do not forget the little naughty jalapeno kisses which I – personally- loved the most.
So let’s start
Here we are pan frying cute little potato until it gets golden , this will take about 8 minutes.
Add onions, chopped green peppers and saute all for a couple of minutes.
Add the diced tomato and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Take the pan off the heat and make 4 or more dents.
Crack eggs in the dents and add the jalapeno peppers🔥, you can also sautee it with the other veggies I just wanted them to be obvious and clear at the top for my kids’ sake.
Sprinkle cheese on top then bake for 15 minutes or to desired doneness. Cut and serve with your favorite bread.
I couldn’t have imagined that combining a few simple ingredients that go together so well, will make me want to do the happy dance with every bite.
I hope you’ll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira’s Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
Potato Egg casserole
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 cups potato peeled and diced.
- 1/2 cup onion diced.
- 1/2 cup bell pepper diced.
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomato*.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 Large Eggs.
- 1 cup grated 4 cheese.
Optional and highly recommended:
- 1 medium Jalapeno.
- 1 teaspoon Za’atar.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet over medium heat-high, add oil then add potato and stir until it starts to be golden for approximately 8 minutes.
- Add diced onion, bell pepper and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato, salt and pepper then stir to combine.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Make 4 dents in the mixture using a wooden spoon. Crack an egg into each dent.
- Arrange jalapeño around the eggs. Then sprinkle top with cheese.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until whites are just set but yolks are still runny (or to taste).
- Serve with some pita bread.