Can you believe it? We are actually wrapping up the first month of the year!. Here is this week's meal plan from 24-28 January. Enjoy.
Enjoy a free, 5-day meal plan of delicious meals for you and your family. Meal plan is a great way to ease your days, relax, save time while making sure your family is getting hot home-cooked meals every night.
This week make some of these delicious banana applesauce muffins they keep well in the fridge for quick breakfast, or snacks throughout the week.
I've been sharing 5-day meal plans with my email subscribers for many years now, started sharing some of those on Instagram and I love the feedback I get from those who love the meal plans and use them regularly.
If you’re new to my meal plans, they normally include 5 dinner recipes and one or two desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth. I'm trying my best to be thoughtful and add a variety of recipes with plenty of wiggle room for you to add or subtract food and I always suggest you make a day per week for leftovers or use them for lunch the next day.
📅 Food Holidays
This week we are having some interesting and fun days to celebrate. These days are a good opportunity to raise awareness, shed some light, or inspire you to create more recipes in your kitchen. So let's check them out:
- January is the National Slow Cooker Month, check out these hearty slow cooker recipes.
- January 24 is National Peanut Butter Day. Here is a recipe from Sudan that is so old on my blog but so good.
- January 27 is National Chocolate Cake Day. Here is a simple chocolate lava cake for you to celebrate this amazing day.
🍊 In Season Now
January is the season for citrus. Oranges, lemon, limes, mandarin oranges are all in season. Beets, turnip and celery roots are still in season.
Meal Prep Tricks
- Beef shawarma can be marinated ahead of time. Marinate and refrigerate on Sunday, give it a stir on Tuesday and cook on Thursday.
- Moussaka can also be assembled on Sunday and baked on Tuesday night.
- Buy pre-chopped or pre-cored veggies if possible. Your time is worth money.
- Remember you can always switch the days around and do not forget to check the rest of the meal plans.
This vegan sun dried tomato pasta is rich with a nutty cashew sauce. Perfect for meatless dinner.
Crockpot BBQ shredded chicken a quick, easy, and so flavorful dinner idea.
Dig in this crazy easy yet looks so fancy lazy cake! It is Friday after all.
🖨️ Printable Shopping List
Here is a free printable shopping list to use while shopping this week.